We are a small studio doing big things
Creative environment in the Sutherland Shire, close to public transport
Top tier corporate and retail clients
Creatik is a small studio based in Sydney's south with a passion for our industry, clients and company culture. Our clients range from small businesses to global corporations and everything in between. We are looking for a junior designer to join our growing team. This role would suit an outstanding 3rd year student looking for studio experience. For the right person there is the opportunity to turn this into a full time role after graduation.
Duties & Responsibilities
Directly assist the design team as requested.
Take initiative and work autonomously when required.
Ask questions – big or small, we can’t help if you don’t ask.
Creative concept development for Branding, Print, Online, Presentation and MS office marketing materials.
Design and layout/typesetting/illustration of publications, advertisements, presentations, brochures, flyers, invitations, POS, digital marketing, eDMs and stationary.
Be able to work within existing brand guidelines on the above.
Be able to design and populate brand guidelines when necessary.
Design and layout of PowerPoint presentations and MS office documents (with creative treatment, design considerations and master template tools.)
Manage printing, including specifying print requirements and liaising with printers when required.
Various administrative tasks to ensure a smooth workflow
Be able to take creative direction and constructive feedback on-board.
Assist in the management of Creatik's social media outlets and website – become familiar with the platforms and maintain our current: website, facebook page, Instagram page and linkedin profile.
Approach all written and verbal communications with a happy, consistent and cooperative tone and demeanor.
Keep the studio neat and tidy.
Work with passion, authenticity and integrity.
Team values and work ethic
- We thrive on team spirit and elbow grease. At times this means rolling up sleeves, keeping a good attitude, staying back to finish a job, tackling a brief that isn’t glamourous, doing a task that is considered outside your “job description” and prioritizing client’s needs over our own creative ambition.
- Our business is built on referrals; our clients are the lifeblood of Creatik. Clients, suppliers, contractors, big, small and in-between are to be treated with respect and courteously at all times. We are professional, helpful, positive, polite and friendly with a can-do attitude. We part seas for our clients, not make waves. We approach written and verbal communications with a happy, consistent and cooperative tone.
- We are opportunistic. We are always on the lookout to expand our design knowledge/ skillset and our business. We continuously seek improvements/developments to share with, and benefit the studio. We do, share, be and inspire positive change. We believe creativity promotes creativity - the more creative ideas we use – the more we will have!
- We respect time. Being reliable, dependable and on time with deadlines, meetings and clients creates opportunity.
- We are only as good as our last job.
- We do what we say we will do. We take ownership. If we say we will deliver something, we deliver it. If the goal posts move (and sometimes they do) every repercussion is discussed and transparent BEFORE the deadline.
- We are excellent communicators. Our clients are never left wondering if and when they will hear from us. We are proactive in our dialogue with clients and our clients always know the status of their project.
Adobe InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator
Digital technology – Mailchimp, Squarespace & Wordpress
HTML & CSS knowledge a huge plus
MS PowerPoint and Word essential
- Typography & illustration
If you believe you can help us deliver WOW to our clients with ideas, execution and service then we want to hear from you.
Please submit a one page cover letter, together with your resume and portfolio, to email@example.com
Applications close on 15th March 2018. Remuneration based on experience.
You must be eligible to work in Australia. Only candidates who have made it to the shortlist phase will be contacted.